Indian Hockey Performance in 2010 can be considered as an Average performance. Both team Men and Women has played 40 and 41 matches respectively, out of which Men’ Team won 20 (half of the matches) where as women team able to won only 14 matches.
Indian Men’ Team’s Best Title win in 2010 was Azlan Shan Cup which was actually a joint win with S. Korea whereas women’ team was not able to win any Title but in Asian Champions Trophy our eves managed to win Bronze. Other Major tournament wins was Commonwealth Games (CWG) 2010 in which India win Bronze and Asian Games in which just one loss from Malaysia force them to manage with Bronze. If we talk about worst tournaments for both teams; obviously the Word Cup 2010 in which Men’ Finished 8th whereas Women’ were on 9th position.
Its also important to note that Indian Team Beat Pakistan in all encounters this year.
Top Scorers from both team are: Sandeep Singh with 35 goals and Rani Rampal: 27 goals
Men’ Team in 2010:
- Matches Played: 40 (20 Won, 11 Loss, 9 Drawn).
- Goals in 2010: (For: 153, Against: 99)
- Best & Worst Matches: Beat Pakistan 7-4 in CWG, lost to Australia 0-8 in CWG
- Major Tournaments:
- Asian Games 2010: India Finishes 3rd, win Bronze where as Pakistan Luckily Win Gold and Malaysia Silver.
- Commonwealth Games (CWG): India finishes Second (Silver), where as Australia with Gold and New Zealand win Bronze.
- World Cup New Delhi 2010: Australia win World-Cup, Germany and Netherlands finishes 2nd and third respectively. India finishes 8th.
Women’ Team in 2010:
- Asian Games 2010: Indian Eves Finished 4th, China win gold and S. Korea bronze.
- Asian Champaign Trophy: Indian Team Win Bronze (3rd), S. Korea and Japan win Gold and Silver respectively.
- Commonwealth Games (CWG): Australia, New Zealand, England win gold, Silver, Bronze respectively where as India finishes 5th in this tournament.
- Word Cup: Argentina, Netherlands, England win gold, Silver, Bronze respectively where as India Women team were 9th in WC.